My Photo
Name:
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom

Older than I think I am.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Curtain Rod Gliders


curtain1
Originally uploaded by a1scrapmetal.
Sorry for blurry picture.
When I cleaned out the shed I found some of the early strange metal objects I had collected...I hadn't realised how long this strange hobby had been going on!
This packet of curtain rod gliders is very delicate now.
CURTAINS RESPOND TO A MERE TOUCH
INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE
SEW TO THE CURTAINS BY THE SMALL EYES.SPACING THE GLIDERS EQUALLY. IF THE HOOKS ARE USED. HOOK INTO THE SMALL EYES.
Printed in Britain

3 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

I seem to remember some strange metal objects dropping through my letter box once from a certain young student in Alsager! They were delightful "racks" for postal ephemera, stamps etc. so obviously this passion for small metal things goes back a long way - even to childhood I suspect. After all the West Midlands hwere you were born and lived then was a hive of small manufacturing industries making belt buckles (didnt you work in a belt buckle factory one summer?) locks, keys, nails, etc.

16 July, 2005  
Blogger hazel said...

Indeed I did..the Midlands was known for its back yard small manufacture of padlocks,buckles and the like...must be where the seed was sewn.
That buckle factory soooo noisy though.

16 July, 2005  
Blogger cshopshipping said...

information about buckles and like other thinks plz visit at cheap home accessories and got the all information

19 October, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home