My Photo
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom

Older than I think I am.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Feeler Gauge

feeler gauge
Originally uploaded by a1scrapmetal.
With thanks to Mark I now know this is called a "Feeler Gauge" and would have been used by a machinist or mechanic working on a machine with close tolerances.
Mark used them in the Navy when working on pumps and valves to measure clearances on bushings - too big and they had to be replaced so the equipment didn't leak.
Thank you Mark.


Blogger Ed Giecek said...

Yes, we call them "feeler gauge" here in the States too. They are also used to check the gap in spark plugs for internal combustion engines.

11 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home