My Photo
Name:
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom

Older than I think I am.

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Handmade


handmade
Originally uploaded by a1scrapmetal
Went to two boot sales today.
I picked these up on a stall at Hartford and the man said
"you can have them..I made them for my wife"
Turns out he is an engineer and makes all kinds of things in his shed for his wife..from these useful stitch holders to special domes for her cake icing.
(It was hard to tell if she was pleased or long suffering).
He also said he is 57 and I could call them antiques.
When I was small we had a neighbour called Mr Ringrose..he could mend and make anything in his shed....it wasn't always invisible mending, but it was strong and wouldn't need mending again..

1 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

The bargain of the day!

06 July, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home