My Photo
Name:
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom

Older than I think I am.

Friday, September 03, 2004

Spinning Chicken


Spinning Chicken
Originally uploaded by a1scrapmetal.
I thought it was about time I added a seasonal Xmas Easter spinning Chick.
MADE IN CHINA
You push on the plunger to make the egg spin fast and thus open out revealing a very startled looking yellow chick.
All made of tin.(except the chick)
I am baffled at the easter egg and Xmas tree combination.
They have a simliar thing in Finland, where they have easter eggs with witches on them...easter and halloween all done and dusted in one day.

3 Comments:

Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Well, the Spinning Easter Chick is adorable even if it doesn't make sense. But I have an idea some form of it was used in early christiandolm when many were still pagans. For example, a pagan holiday or celebration would be made into a christian holiday with a few pagan aspects retained. Anyway, fascinating find.

03 September, 2004  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

It would certainly save a lot of time if we lumped a lot of these dull boring holidays together like the clever Finns. So, f'rinstance we could combine Guy Fawkes with Pancake Day and set fire to crepes and cook the pancakes on the bonfires.

05 September, 2004  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Pancake Day?! yegads!!!

05 September, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home