My Photo
Name:
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom

Older than I think I am.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Buttons


buttons
Originally uploaded by a1scrapmetal.
4 metal buttons found on the boot sale at Hartford.
I can't understand why I have never collected these before...
My dad was in the TA(Territorial Army) and they are very familiar objects.
He also had a button polishing guard that I hope my mom still has..
If so I will include in on here.
It was just a longish shaped piece of Brass that you slid under the buttons,thus avoiding getting polish on your uniform.

8 Comments:

Blogger michael said...

I think the CD stands for Cyril Defence who invented a martial art in 1939 that the Home guard used to great effect involving a sharpened carrot.

12 September, 2005  
Blogger swapatorium said...

Those are great! (Michael, you're so funny!)

12 September, 2005  
Blogger Diceman said...

I have a vast collection of buttons....unfortunately they are presently attached to garments. Though when I have done with them you are more than welcome to them.

TC

15 September, 2005  
Blogger michael said...

Who wants cheesy buttons?

15 September, 2005  
Blogger Diceman said...

Im actually a bit of a mix

Orginally Derbyshire, then Sheffield....working in Stockport for 5 years...then Brum

But thanks for checking my Blog

TC

16 September, 2005  
Blogger swapatorium said...

John found a few British buttons at the flea market a couple of weeks ago. Will send them to you. Maybe you can identify them.

04 October, 2005  
Blogger Erik Mann said...

Hi - I really like your website. I have one on chinese martial art here is the link to it. Come visit it and let me know what you think.

24 October, 2005  
Blogger Kitty said...

Hi Hazel, I cleared out my grans house the other day and I found an ARP button that matches the one in your picture from CHENEY, B'HAM. I had no idea what it was, but I found your website while researching it, and I thought you might be interested in it. if you are interested, leave a comment and i will get back in touch

27 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home