My Photo
Name:
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom

Older than I think I am.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Buttons


buttons
Originally uploaded by a1scrapmetal.
4 metal buttons found on the boot sale at Hartford.
I can't understand why I have never collected these before...
My dad was in the TA(Territorial Army) and they are very familiar objects.
He also had a button polishing guard that I hope my mom still has..
If so I will include in on here.
It was just a longish shaped piece of Brass that you slid under the buttons,thus avoiding getting polish on your uniform.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

I think the CD stands for Cyril Defence who invented a martial art in 1939 that the Home guard used to great effect involving a sharpened carrot.

12 September, 2005  
Blogger swapatorium said...

Those are great! (Michael, you're so funny!)

12 September, 2005  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Who wants cheesy buttons?

15 September, 2005  
Blogger swapatorium said...

John found a few British buttons at the flea market a couple of weeks ago. Will send them to you. Maybe you can identify them.

04 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home