My Photo
Name:
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom

Older than I think I am.

Sunday, September 25, 2011

John Bull mending kit

John Bull mending kit by a1scrapmetal
John Bull mending kit, a photo by a1scrapmetal on Flickr.

A wonderful tin Archie gave me for my birthday. (found on a stall at a steam rally in Daresbury) Such a lot of information and lists of its uses, it is basically a piece of waterproof cloth you can cut to shape and glue over holes. So well packaged and marketed..makes me feel you could sell anything.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

The John Bull Printing Sets are good too. I suppose they used the left over rubber for the repair kits?

03 October, 2011  
Blogger CashQuest said...

Nice scrap metal stuff ! I never thought they could be so interesting and with so much sentimental value.

People in eBay might be looking for such things.

27 October, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home