My Photo
Name:
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom

Older than I think I am.

Monday, August 16, 2004

"Loony Tunes car"


Loony tunes car
Originally uploaded by a1scrapmetal.
I still havn't had time to photgraph my latest finds.
But we did go to a steam rally at Chelford which was full of HUGE strange metal objects.
This car was the oddest car there, I think...
Archie said it was like a Looney Tunes car....
The best thing there (in my opinion) was a steam powered wire cutter.
It cut up a long length of wire into 3 inch pieces.

7 Comments:

Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Wow, Hazel, I didn't even know steam wire cutters existed! Sounds like a great trip. Love the Looney Tunes car!

16 August, 2004  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Had a good look in France for strange metal objects but sadly didn't find any. I think the man in Chinon who made small and lovely and cute animals from them had cornered the market.He did a nice line in bike saddles too.
Will keep looking.

19 August, 2004  
Blogger hazel said...

Bike saddles made from small cute animals made of metal? Sounds very uncomfortable!

24 August, 2004  
Blogger hazel said...

Thank you both for your comments and strange metal object hunting.(it is harder than you would imagine to find suitable things)
I found more on a boot fair in Basildon.
Waiting for the sun to come out so I can take some photos of the new treasures.

24 August, 2004  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

One could get lost in boot fairs...in search of the great find! Anticipating your found goodies will be as unusual and interesting as always. Even if I don't know what they are. Have some sculture in mind to use them?

24 August, 2004  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Ha! That would be sculpture...don't won't to see a sculture. Ta

24 August, 2004  
Blogger SM Blogger said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10 October, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home