My Photo
Name:
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom

Older than I think I am.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Tom Thumb Segs


blakey5
Originally uploaded by a1scrapmetal.
I have recently sent my entire collection of Blakeys (apart the jam jar full of old found ones) to Hasting Art Gallery.
I collected these years ago and they have been in a wooden cabinet packed away since we moved here.
Here are two packets of Tom Thumb segs..one fresh and unopened and the other well used.
Segs and blakeys were once more popular and were put on the bottom of shoes to pro-long the life of the sole.
(also good to make pretend tap shoes)

3 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Didn't Pawson collect Blakeys at some point ???

26 May, 2005  
Blogger hazel said...

he might have done..but when I collected them years ago..he used to send them to me so I doubt he does collect them.

27 May, 2005  
Blogger Jonathan said...

Maybe he was just photocopying them before he sent them along to you...

28 May, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home