My Photo
Name:
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom

Older than I think I am.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Padlocks (front)


Padlacks (front)
Originally uploaded by a1scrapmetal.
These padlocks were made in Willenhall in the Midlands.
There is a wonderful museum in Willenhall of Padlocks..it was a small back yard industry there.
I read in a book that until the canals, industry in the black country was mainly small scale objects that could be carried by cart easily...pen nibs,padlocks,oins and chains

3 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Forgive me for asking but what are "oins"?

15 September, 2005  
Blogger hazel said...

its a black country expression..you wouldn't understand!.
(PINS..the O and P are riight next to one another!!)

16 September, 2005  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Eh?

18 September, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home