My Photo
Name:
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom

Older than I think I am.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Lucky Irish Leprechaun Lighter


lighter
Originally uploaded by a1scrapmetal.
Another boot sale find.
I now have 3 lighters which means to my mom that I have a collection.
I can clearly remember as a very small child being given an old lighter and a screw driver to play with...I loved fetching it apart and putting it back together. I was never happier then when I was in my dads Garage sorting through the boxes of rusty things. (not so keen on the spidfers though).

3 Comments:

Blogger sylviasometimes said...

A terrific lighter! But Hazel, oh I can see you working like the Mad Hatter looking for the innards of anything left about. Loved hearing the story!

04 October, 2005  
Blogger swapatorium said...

That story reminds me of my husband John. His grandparents would let him explore all the drawers and cabinets in the garage and tool shed when he was a tiny boy. I think that's why he loves estate sales so he can hunt in dusty attics and garages! Funny how our personalities and likes/dislikes are formed so early.

04 October, 2005  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

I agree with askinpoo. The internet is a great place to make friends and make lots of money- why just last week I won the Lottery 17 times and had letters from very kind bank managers in Ghana that i had been bequeathed a lareg fortune! All this because I joined the world wide webby wobbly wib wibs!

05 October, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home