My Photo
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom

Older than I think I am.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

bottom of tin

bottom of tin
Originally uploaded by a1scrapmetal
The bottom of the it to strike a match on?


Blogger plasticbag said...

Makes sense that its a match striker because Coral Flake was probably pipe or cigarette tobacco, don't you think?

15 June, 2007  
Blogger wastedpapiers said...

I think it was a percussive groove music maker not unlike a small washboard - you could rumba or skiffle along using a coin or other small metal "pick".

16 June, 2007  
Blogger Daniel said...

I found one at another website.

28 June, 2007  
Blogger wastedpapiers said...

Hazel said..
Thank you Daniel....I hadn't realised it was 1910.
you do have an eagle eye for spotting things.

29 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home