My Photo
Name:
Location: Cheshire, United Kingdom

Older than I think I am.

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Iodised Throat Lozenges Tin


Iodised Throat Lozenges Tin
Originally uploaded by a1scrapmetal.
Although tins are not really strange metal objects as such...
I have a few in my collection that I like for their instructions.
IODISED THROAT LOZENGES
for the VOICE, MOUTH and THROAT
"Acts like a GARGLE. Always efficacious and reliable."
The only other place I have seen the word efficacious used is the AWFUL Lily the pink song.
The instructions on the back are ..
"In order to ensure that these lozenges maintain their germicidal properties they should be stored in a cool place and used within a reasonable period."
(NO USE BY DATE)
Made by
THOS, GUEST & CO, LTD
ANCOATS, MANCHESTER

6 Comments:

Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Love it. Any idea when those things were made? Also made me wonder when the "Use by" standard was initiated? Obviously these lozenges were only made for reasonable people!!! Good one, Hazel.

09 September, 2004  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Hazel..this has nothing to do with this piece...was just scrolling through your profile & noticed you enjoy chopping wood and burning it. Couldn't help thinking what an odd thing to be high on your list of interest. What is it about that experience that puts it on that list? Just interested...

09 September, 2004  
Blogger hazel said...

EEERRRRM
It is an odd thing to put on...but it is one of the things I love doing (in the winter) to relax..I have always loved fire..another reason I love metal work....big gas torches...NOT that I set fire to buildings or anything...but I was bonfire crazy as a kid.
and we always had an coal fire.
Crackling logs are very relaxing...so long a they stop in the grate.
I should put on all the other more usual hobbies (reading biographies,animation, collecting toys,visiting museums,automata)but why leave out a very important one (to me).

09 September, 2004  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Yes, she's a-crazy!

09 September, 2004  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Bonfire - like the spelling! :-)

Hey, I liked Lily the Pink.
Roger McGough was on it...

Ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh
Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttssssssssss
Drink a drink a drink a drink a drink...

09 September, 2004  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Hazel, can relate to your love of the bonfire...often on our land we would camp out...several musicians about...and sing to the night...watching huge flames..eventually to die down, then we would throw food the fire. Gathered sticks tho didn't hack any..lol...It was comforting and fulfilled the day. That was the outdoors...you have a cozy fireplace to do all the above right there. Chopping wood...I like it.

09 September, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home